We had a most exciting start to 3rd grade! I have enjoyed getting to know your child these first few days. I will send an email by Sunday to update you and any important information and what we will be learning that week. I truly enjoyed meeting all of you at Open House. I am looking forward to our partnership in your child’s academic success.
Important Things to Know:
- Uniforms are strict this year. A few students still do not have belts. Mrs. Kendall told them she would give them until Monday before I give out a violation. Please let me know if this will be a problem for you.
- Imagine Hoodies – there is an order form for the spirit shirts and hoodies. It is chilly in our room, so you might want to purchase a hoodie to keep in class. Please label your child’s clothing.
- PTO meeting Tuesday at 6:15 in the cafeteria.
- NO homework this week! The first packet will come home Friday, August 19thand due on Friday, August 26th.
- STAR testing: Reading – Tuesday, August 23rd
Math – Tuesday, August 30th
- Jupiter Grades – You will have access this year through Jupiter to see your students grades. I will have password and login information for you next week. If there is someone who you would like to have access that did not get this email, please let me know and I can add their email on to your students account.
What We Will Be Learning Next Week:
Reading – We will be reading three great stories (The Memory String, Knots on a Counting Rope, Through Grandpa’s Eyes) about families and discussing character traits. Students will create their own counting rope of important events in their life.
Math – We will start right in with multiplication. We will take our first timed facts test on Friday. All students will start on the 2’s facts. Students need to complete all 30 problems correctly in 2 minutes to pass. As students pass, they will move on to the next fact. We will test each Friday and it will count as a quiz grade. Please help your student with these at home. Mastering multiplication is essential in third grade. We will also be working on arrays and doing a lot of fun, hands on activities with them.
Science – We will be learning about what a scientist does and the scientific method by creating a lab book.
I am very excited for this year and if at any time I can answer any questions or clarify anything for you, please reach out to me.
3rd Grade Teacher
“IF YOU’RE NOT WILLING TO LEARN, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU.
IF YOU’RE DETERMINED TO LEARN, NO ONE CAN STOP YOU.”